jueves, 6 de octubre de 2016

Reading Challenge Update July-September 2016

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 21:30


Life has been absolutely hectic and if that weren't enough I lost my blogging notebook that had a bunch of my planned posts and once again I'm behind schedule on the year's new releases,  but life goes on so here is how I'm doing when it comes to the reading challenges I set for myself.

The Goodreads Reading Challenge 

I left this at 200 and I've gone over it so yay!! Plus I'm only 15 behind what I read last year so I think it's pretty safe to say that I'll surpass my 2015 reads.

Young Adult Book Club's Quarterly Challenge #22 

I barely managed to finish this one thanks to the Canadian author only to realize I had already read it but didn't know the author was canadian.

1. New Release: Order of the Wicked by Danielle Paige
2. Book that starts with the letters of the words SUMMER: Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here by Anna Breslaw 
3. Re-read: Zero Day by Jan Gangsei
4. Fav Colour: Winning by Lara Deloza
5. Fairy Day:A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
6. Book Written by a Canadian author: Warrior Witch by Danielle L. Jensen
7. Spring Cleaning: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin
8. Romance: The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood
9. Book Lovers:With Malice by Eileen Cook
10. Series: Ruined by Amy Tintera 

      Young Adult Book Club's Quarterly Challenge #23

New quarterly Challenge and 10 new requirements for future reads, I'm doing good so I'll probably able to finish on time

Rules:

Duration: September 1, 2016 – November 30, 2016

We are a YA Book Club, so all books should be young adult (unless otherwise noted). 

You have 3 months to read 10 YA books that satisfy following requirements:


1) Read a book that is a new release published in SeptemberOctober or November of 2016. If you have difficulties obtaining these new books, you can read a release from the same months in 2015:  

2) Read a book whose title starts with one of the letters of the word AUTUMN or FALL:

3) September 13 is Roald Dahl Day. Read a book written for children or a book you read as a child:


4) September 27 is Tourism Day. Read a book written in a foreign country or set in a foreign country:

5) October 6 is Mad Hatter Day. Read a re-telling of anything. Examples include fairy tales, classic novels, Shakespeare etc:

6) October 11 is Coming Out Day. Read a book with a LGBTQ character or that promotes or educates about LGBTQ issues:

7) Read a scary, supernatural or horror book for Halloween, October 31.

8) November is National Novel Writing Month AKA NaNoWriMo. Read whatever you want! Also let us know if you're participating in NaNoWriMo because that is super cool.:

9) November 11 is Remembrance Day. Read a historical fiction or non-fiction book:

10) November 19 is Men's Day so just to be contrary I decided we should read a book written by a female author. Another option is to read a book written by a male but with a strong, well written female protagonist:



0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos